Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vegetable Garden 2014

Started off gardening weeks ago. What has been done:

- Inside planting: habanero peppers, bell peppers, eggplant, and melon. The melon have all died, but one. Not sure what their issue was.
- Three stumps dug out. (Three more to go!)
- Transplanted raspberries given to us by a co-worker.
- Planted two blueberry bushes and one more rhubarb above the huge underground rock in the garden. I'm hoping to get two blueberry bushes each year for the next 3-5 years.
- Tilled with the new Troy-Bilt!
- Garden raked
- Bought plants for the first time: tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno and bell peppers. But, these are not the only of these kinds I'm planting. I'm using the plants as my row markers and planting seeds between. I'm mostly doing this so I remember what is planted where... (photos soon)
- Bought tomatillos
- Planted!!! Chamomile, spinach, lettuce, arugula, cucumbers, carrots, leeks, red onions, turnips, tomatoes, tomatillos, bell and jalapeno peppers.

Finishing the garden this week and  transplanting in the next week or so, I don't feel like my seedlings are quite ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article. Gardening is the practice of growing and cultivating plants as part of horticulture. Here you have given some tips on how to start gardening. Really this is useful information. Keep updating. Apart from this article, I learned some facts about hamsters habitat which have become established as popular small house pets.