Saturday, September 14, 2013

Root Recipe

My husband was a little turned off by the smell of turnips but was game for trying them (again). He forgot I mashed them in potatoes last fall! 

I decided to make pan fried roots to go with our dinner and wow did it turn out awesome. So simple if you have the items in your garden, which we did! We'll definitely be making something like it again. I wish I had taken a picture, it was a beautiful side dish.

Ingredients:
2 med-large turnips
2 carrots
1 large onion (used purple)
3 med-large potatoes (used red)
4 tablespoons butter
garlic powder
salt and pepper

1) Peel turnips. (carrots if desired)
2) Cut carrots.
3) Cut onion, and potato in large thin slices.
4) Melt butter in sauce pan.
5) Add veggies and garlic powder. Cover.
6) Fry for 25 minutes (or so), stirring every 5 minutes (or so).
7) Devour!
 

No comments: